In May 2015, Walhalla started a cooperation with tennis club NVLTB. Walhalla members are now allowed to play on both the Walhalla courts and the NVLTB courts. You can find the NVLTB courts behind Sports centre de Bongerd (Bornsesteeg 8) about hundred meters away from the Walhalla courts. Below you can find more information about this cooperation.
KNLTB tennis card
From now on, your KNLTB card is very important. You’ll need it for the racket evenings, for opening the club house and so on. Cards that are not picked up yet can be found behind the bar in the NVLTB club house. You can pick it up there. If they don’t have your card, please contact the secretary (email@example.com).
– Every Wednesday, the racket evening will take place at the NVLTB.
– The racket evening will be combined with the NVLTB racket evening . So you will play with both Walhalla members and NVLTB members.
– At the NVLTB they use the KNLTB tennis cards to make groups (instead of tennis rackets). So bring your card every week.
– The hours for the racket evening will change a little bit. Because there are more beginner and intermediate players, this part of the evening will be expanded.
• Beginners (7, 8 ,9) 19:00 – 21:00
• Advanced (other strengths) 21:00 – 22:30
– Every 30 minutes, new teams will be made. Therefore the hours of the racket evening will be less strict than before. You can come and go every 30 minutes. Make sure you are present five minutes before the new round will start. Otherwise teams are already made and you have to wait for 30 minutes.
– It is possible that you have to wait for one round when it is very busy. Busiest hours are likely to be between 20:00 and 21:00.
– Also the drink afterwards will be in the NVLTB club house.
Because we are using the club house of the NVLTB we also have to take over some bartending shifts. From January 2017 onwards, Walhalla will be responsible for bartending during the racket evenings. Every member has to take one shift per year! It only takes two hours and before or after your shift you are of course able to play some tennis 🙂
The trainings will be at the blue grass courts of the Bongerd.
Playing tennis in your free time
You can choose whether to play at the Walhalla courts or at the NVLTB courts. On Tuesday and Thursday evenings you can’t play at the Walhalla courts due to the lessons.
For playing on the NVLTB courts you’ll need your KNLTB tennis card. First, you’ll need it to open the club house (when there is nobody present). Second, you’ll need it to reserve a court. You can do this by scanning your card at the computer, when you enter the club house at the left side. This computer is in Dutch, but you can always ask someone to help you (except when you are the only one who is present). You can reserve 30 minutes for a single match and 45 minutes for a double. Of course you can continue playing when there is nobody who reserved the court after your game.
Club championships and other activities
The club championships and all other activities in the future will most likely take place at the NVLTB. Check per activity your mail to make sure you will find the right location.
For now, the competition will take place at the Walhalla courts. In the future they will probably take place at the NVLTB.
Do you have a question about this cooperation? Don’t hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org